Tuesday, June 06, 2006

evil anniversary?

It's Jerry's and my 19th wedding anniversary today, 6/6/6, though there's debate about whether the number of the beast might actually be 616 or 636. Anyhoo...

For our exciting gifts, though ones that are much appreciated!, I got Jerry a Kitchenaid stand mixer (which I have no idea where it's going to go...along with the bread maker, FryDaddy, and rice cooker. I didn't particulary want to get a mixer, but Jerry wanted one. I made it my choice, though, to pick the color...white...to match our paint trim. Who wants a black or grey behemoth sitting in a yellow-and-white kitchen? Well, Jerry did. ;-D

Jerry got me a blender and an ice crusher. We've gone through more blenders than I would've thought possible, all of which said they could crush and blend ice with no problems. Yeah, right! We have had the same ice crusher for 19 years though, from his grandmother, Ma Maw (Cadden). That, our Kenmore microwave, a big knife, and some Revere Ware pots have served us well since 1987. Not bad.

0 comments: