Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Requiescat In Pace, "T-Rix"

Trixie 2003My nephew Cameron borrowed his mother's car today and pulled out of the driveway to see my girl (in fact, Mary's cat) Trixie lying dead in the road...I suppose from having been hit by a car...I always knew that something bad would happen because of that close, busy road in front of Mary's house. I'm really sad about Trixie, and especially will be when I go back to Biloxi to visit. Trixie was my girl, enough so that I gave her her own personal rap name, "T-Rix." ;-) but moreso :'-(

Trixie 2003Any time I went over to my sister's house, the first (and last) thing I did was track Trixie down, which could be difficult, given that she liked to lie in weeds, flowers, bushes, the clothes dryer, etc. And she was the only cat I knew who could meow without making a sound, or, at most, no more than a squeak. Trixie had a little head on a lumpy squishy body, just like me, so maybe that's why I liked her so much!

0 comments: