Saturday, May 06, 2006

Hail, Holy Queen

I'm not religious anymore, because of some recurring bad experiences in the past, but I still think/thought that these prayers were nice. And no, I don't know what made me think of this, I say to someone who knows who he or she is!
Jubilee closing of Holy Doors(Pope John Paul II closing the Holy Doors, marking the end of the Jubilee year)

"Salve, Regina"

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae,
vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra, salve.
Ad te clamamus, exsules filii Hevae,
ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
in hac lacrimarum valle.

Eia, ergo, advocata nostra, illos tuos
misericordes oculos ad nos converte;
et Iesum, benedictum fructum ventris tui,
nobis post hoc exilium ostende.
O clemens, O pia, O dulcis Virgo Maria.


And one I sometimes say out of habit:

Lord, Jesus, keep us safe;
You are our only hope.


or:

Angel of God, my guardian dear,
to whom God's love commits me here.
Ever this day be at my side,
to light and guard, to rule and guide.

0 comments: