Friday, May 26, 2006

Christmas gifts...of sorts

My father isn't the most in-tune gift giver to my mother, though he tries hard, I know. Here are a few examples of Christmas gifts over the years from him to her:

a mailbox made out of checker plate (aka diamond plate)
Actually, it's pretty cool looking, and is the only one on the block, indubitably!

floor mats for her van
Need I say more?

and the greatest of all time...
One Christmas my grandparents were down and we were all unwrapping presents. My father was very excited and kept hinting that we all needed to go out to see my mother's gift from him. It was a big production, since we had to parade down the street, to a friend's house (see post below...Tom is one who brings up the "hen pecked" idea often), where the gift was stealthily hidden.

My father went around back, and as proud as could be, emerged with a metal cart, with four bicycle wheels attached: it was a three-can garbage-can holder!!! I don't remember what my mother's reaction was, but her mother quickly exclaimed, "Where can *I* get one?!" She was serious.

0 comments: