Sunday, May 28, 2006

Jamie

I figure I ought to put a picture of my brother Jamie up (some have said he and I looked alike). He'd be 40 in August, two weeks before Jerry'll turn the same age. Jamie's 16 in this picture, in 1982, 10th grade at Biloxi, MS High School. This was 6 years before he was hurt while co-oping at NASA in Virginia, and 9 years before he finally died, of heart failure, in Slidell, Lousiana.

Jamie 1982I asked my mother once what it was like to have a daughter who was 40. And I remembered she'd asked her parents the same thing once, except about what it was like to have a 70-year-old daughter!

Then my mother told me that she met someone once and told her that story. The woman responded by saying, "That's nothing: my mother's 80 and her mother is still alive!"

0 comments: