Wednesday, November 22, 2006

"Some verses from the Bible"

From my father's mother, Edna Aline McCollough Hardin Ford Lewis:

"Some verses from the Bible and some other sources. that I like to read again and again"

Talking to God is the prescription for anxiety.

Prayer is the key to Heaven; Faith is the key that unlocks the door.

Thankfulness turns all that it touches into happiness.

Exercise yourself spiritually and practice being a better Christian, because that will help you not only now in this life, but in the next life too.
1 Timothy 4:8

Father, the lonely are everywhere. Why don't I see them? Why don't I have sensitivity enough to feel the needs of those close to me? Soften my heart. Help me to take time to care, to love, to express compassion. Today lead me to a person I can help.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.

Love that is saved can never be left to anyone. Give it away- Today.

What no man ever saw or heard, what no man ever thought could happen, is the very thing God prepared for those who love Him.
Corinthians 2:9

Father help us to look beyond the little things which people to upset us, so that we may appreciate the big things they do to help us.

When Cecil was sick and dying, this verse from Isiah was my constant help:

I, the Lord your God hold your right hand: It is I who say to you "Fear not, I will help you."

0 comments: